**full details from the Practice Manager, below…
*a female GP is preferred due to the make up of the patient list
bro, Rockingham, Perth, Weste
Set on a beautiful stretch of coastline -Wa
bro Sound- 45 mins drive South of Perth City.
*this IS a DWS location
You will be working for a well- run, and friendly corporate with a very stable workforce. Current GPs can advise you of their experiences. The practice’s sustained success benefits from a great staff and very low GP tu
over, directly resulting from the supportive structure and pleasant work environment.
The suburb has a growing population, and a high demand for GPs
Vocationally Registered General Practitioner
The Australian Medical Association is the premier organisation representing the medical profession, and AMA Recruit has been helping GPs find the right placements across Australia for over 30 years
HOW TO APPLY
Contact me for a confidential discussion on this role or similar, on …… , [Apply online], or use the apply now tab below.
FULL DETAILS FROM THE PRACTICE MANAGER:
1. Preferred start date (or: flexible for right GP)? Flexible for right GP
2. Is this a full time / part time / after- hours role? Full time
3. Is this a replacement or growth in GP numbers? Growth
4. General information on the town / suburb where the practice is located.
DWS location, Wa
bro is a satellite suburb of Rockingham which has a population of over 100,000, we supply health needs to a variety of patient ages and backgrounds, we have a very popular and well developed chronic disease clinic with dedicated nurses who assist the doctors in creating care plans and managing patient conditions, we have a full patient list and regularly have to tu
patients away when they call for appointments as we require another doctor due to growth of population in the area.
5. Where is the practice located within the town? We are located in the carpark of Wa
bro Centre Shopping Complex, we have a pharmacy located right next door and are only 8km away from Rockingham General Hospital.
6. What is the practice’s socio-economic patient mix?
The majority of our patient base are on concession whether this be aged pensioners, young families or people from low income households. There is both public and private primary and highschools located just across the road from the clinic and a park just around the co
7. What kind of person would be the right fit for your practice?
Ideally we would love to have another female GP as we currently only have one at the practice. We have a lovely family atmosphere here at Palm Springs so would be looking for someone who has a great sense of humour and gets along easily with others, a good solid background of experience would also be desirable but if not possible as long as they are keen to lea
and have a strong desire to do their best to help their patients. We need someone who is willing to give their patients the time they require and that will listen to their issues and work to sort out the problems, not simply someone who is looking to chu
patient numbers fast to make money.
8. Are any specific qualifications, skills or Special Interests essential or desirable?
Someone interested in women’s health or antenatal would be desirable as we currently do not have any GPs doing antenatal consults or shared care.
9. What are the education/experience requirements you expect of the candidate? VR
10. Support- Nursing, Allied Health, Specialists and Admin- who makes up the rest of the team?
Our team currently consists of 5 other GPs (4 male, 1 female), 6 nurses (3 CDM and 3 Treatment room), Clinipath pathology onsite, a dietician once every two weeks and a psychologist twice a week.
11. What are the practice openinghours? Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7am-5pm and Tuesday 7am-6pm
12. What are the doctors’ likely working hours?
We would love to open til 6pm at least one other day of the week, currently do not open on weekend and have no plans to at this stage.
13. What are the features of the building and facilities?
Our practice underwent a refurbishment in 2012, we have ample parking surrounding, our consult rooms are quite large and being located at a shopping centre there are plenty of places to go to get lunch if you happen to forget your own.
14. Is the practice accredited for AGPAL, GP Training? We are AGPAL accredited and have recently applied to be a WAGPET training centre.
15. Is the practice bulk, private or mixed billing? We are mixed billing practice, offering bulk billing to patients who provide evidence of a current concession card, however individual doctors are able to set their own billing rules.
16. If there is private billing, what % of billing is private? At present we only privately bill 10% of our patient base, as mentioned previously we are located in a highly concession populated area.
17. Patient numbers- how many patients do the GPs see per day? On average our doctors will see between 25-40 patients a day, depending on the length of their consult bookings. The practice as a whole currently sees an average of 140 patients a day, we would love to grow this to around 170 a day with the addition of another doctor.
18. What ea
ings are on offer? Up to 65% of billing, would consider an initial minimum guarantee for “right” GP
19. What is the weekly gross billings of your current full-time, well-established GPs? The average weekly gross billings for our doctors is $9970 working an average of 37 hours per week.
20. How many months do you estimate it will take for the new GP to be fully booked and ea
With the right GP we would estimate it would take 3-6 months for them to establish a loyal patient base and be regularly booked out. Depending on the time of the year that they commence it may take less time than this as if the commence in winter our patient numbers are drastically higher.
21. Are there any additional benefits on offer? Upfront payment may be considered
22. What length of contract you will be offered? 1 year
23. What makes your practice stand out as an attractive and desirable place to work?
We have a lovely friendly family atmosphere among the staff , we all look out for each other and try to help where possible. We are situated in a lovely location only 5 mins drive to the beach. There are new suburb developments being built in the neighbouring suburbs of Baldivis, Waikiki and Port Kennedy which is furthering population growth and demand for health services in the area.