Are you driven by data and want to influence the processes of an exciting, innovative company?
Bored of the usual routine in your job? Want to go to work and really make an impact on how the organisation improves efficiency?
Looking for a role you can really drive decisions on data tools, with the opportunity to work towards growing your own team?
If this sounds like you, hit APPLY NOW
Who they are
An exciting CBD based firm with a focus on rich, 3D visual analytics. Working on an innovative product using cutting-edge technology, this team is rapidly growing both in Sydney and inte
The Data Analytics team enables their business to tu
data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, 3D data, advanced analytics, data science and visualisation, this team supports company efforts to transform how their customers conduct their business, driving efficiency at the forefront of their projects.
Who you are
You are an experienced Data Engineer with a strong passion for data and extensive experience of data tools. You’ll be able to recognise business requirements and define and implement the correct tool to remodel data from the Data Warehouse.
You have previous experience connecting data sources to Amazon Redshift (Fivetran preferred). You will join the team at transformer stage and will work closely with the Data Scientist dissect the middle layer of data and provide data to the BI team.
Once the model is set up, your role will transition to engage with the machine lea
ing team and you will have the opportunity to grow your team.
This role requires strong technical and communication skills, creativity and attention to detail, and experience managing data science projects from end-to-end (from use case definition to final product delivery).
The Data Engineer will be an innovative forward-thinker who will help lead end-to-end execution of data initiatives, mentor and direct junior data engineers, and contribute toward the end goal of the project. Communication and ability to work in a collaborative team environment are essential.
How to get this role
– 3+ Years’ Experience in Database heavy roles
– Experience connecting data sources to Amazon Redshift (Fivetran preferred)
– Experience cleansing and preparing large, complex datasets for analysis
– Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management – ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
– Expertise applying statistics or machine lea
ing in a professional or other intensive problem-solving environment with large, complex datasets
– Familiarity with data visualisation tools, like Tableau
– Self-starter with analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work autonomously, using own initiative
– Experience across a range of data tools
– Degree in related field beneficial
– Ability to shift priorities effectively as business requirements change
To apply, please submit your CV via the portal by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.
(Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted)