Reporting to the Principal Advisor AtoN Engineering the Project Manager AtoN Protective Coatings and Systems will be responsible for providing technical and project management expertise and advice in relation to the maintenance and repair of aids to navigation (AtoN) structures, including corrosion control systems and protective coatings.
People who are successful in this position must have the following pre-requisites:
– Relevant engineering or technical background with extensive client side contract/project management experience.
– Hold a technical qualification or demonstrated understanding of industrial protective coating inspection, quality control and / or specification (NACE or ACA qualifications would be highly regarded).
– Sound understanding of concrete repair, cathodic protection and protective coating systems relevant to AtoN structures in /or within close proximity to the marine environment, including relevant standards and quality control processe
– Understanding of lead paint and asbestos management requirements and relevant standards.
– Highly developed project and contractor management skills including the ability to manage multiple contracts / projects.
– Well-developed understanding of governance, tendering and contractor management and cost managemen
– Understanding of contemporary environmental and risk management practices and Commonwealth and State workplace health and safety legislatio
– Develop technical specifications and tender documents for capital projects.
– Manage capital projects from conception to completion in support of AMSAs obligations to provide a national network of AtoN.
– Management of the AMSA AtoN painting contractor panel.
– Liaising with stakeholders and gaining approvals where required.
– Review asset condition reports and develop a program for corrosion prevention and control, management of lead paint and protective coating projects.
– Provide advice on technical issues relating to AtoN structures and the development of associated policy and strategic planning.
– Assist in undertaking inspections of asset condition, including audits of relevant projects and report on contractors quality, safety and environmental performance
The job described is of a medium-heavy physical demand level.
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. They will display initiative, attention to detail, and have the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised whilst contributing to the wider team’s objectives of ensuring service delivery exceeds expectations.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience as part of your application.
For a confidential discussion of this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Matthew Stanton on …… or email [Apply online]