Our client is passionate about shaping the spaces in which people live, work and play. With headquarters in Sydney Australia and subsidiaries in the UK and USA, this company is recognised by architects worldwide as a leading design and manufacturing company. The R&D department continues to bring a strong design element to the business, developing and testing ground breaking concepts that continue to be at the forefront of the industry. They are looking to strengthen their existing R&D team with the recruitment of an experienced and passionate NPD Engineer.
As the NPD Engineer you will report through to the R&D Manager and have responsibility for the new product development from design to commercialisation. This role will involve the design of small complex objects and systems, made from die castings, sheet metal, aluminium extrusions and polymer injection moldings as well as key internal and external stakeholder engagement. Critical to the success of this role will be the running of projects as an individual and as a team member which includes:
– Benchmarking competitor products
– Working within project design briefs
– Concept analysis
– Prototyping for spacial analysis and initial testing
– Finalising design for optimum manufacture and performance
– Costing analysis
– Controlling technical drawings
– Generating required images, data and information for other departments
To be considered for this role you will have a Mechanical Degree qualification, at least 5 year’s experience and a demonstrable track record as an NPD Engineer working from design to commercialisation. You will have experience:
– Personally running product development projects from concept through to completion
– Provide Technical support and advice to internal and external stakeholders such as Sales, Marketing and Production in Australia and overseas.
– Ensuring the R&D department conveys new ideas and concepts effectively.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to get involved with engineering projects and under the direction of the Manager take the R&D department to the next level.