ABOUT THE COMPANY
Local civil engineering firm
Assist the Civil Design Engineering Team in the provision of accurate and timely drafting and documentation.
This position reports directly to the Civil Engineers and CAD Design Manager. No subordinates report to this position.
Preparation of Drawings, models and supporting documentation using AutoCAD. Assist with the preparation of Bill of Quantities for Tender purposes.
Provide input into improving drafting operations, processes, and procedures. Work closely with the Engineering team to clarify drawing and/or documentation issues throughout the design and documentation process.
Conduct thorough self checking of information, drawings and documentation. Maintaining drawing registers and keeping documentation in order.
Provide regular project, drawing and documentation reviews and updates to the Engineering Team.
Take instruction from the Engineering Team.
Undertaking of rework as identified by the Engineering Team.
Perform general office duties as required.
Adopt continuous lea
ing and improvement processes in all aspects of the position. Implement, participate and promote Quality Assurance (QA) objectives, processes and procedures, including
– Liaising with the Engineering Manager where corrective actions requests (CARs) are required to improve the Quality System;
– Report CARs recommendations via Tool Box Talk forums or by completing CARs form and submitting to the QA Manager; and
– Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformances. Familiarise, implement, participate and promote Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) objectives, values, policy, processes and procedures, including
– Ensuring that all allocated safety clothing and equipment (such as footwear, hats, Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) vest, shirts, and jumpers) are wo
at all times when in the field and are maintained in a functional manner; and
– Completing and signing off all Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) applicable to allocated projects.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Certificate III in Drafting Trades, or equivalent qualification.
Eligible for a Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
Experience/Skill Level Required Minimum of 2 years previous drafting experience in the use of AutoCAD. Intermediate computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office. Capable of assisting the Engineering Team.
Aptitude & Interpersonal Skills
Ability to work well both within a team environment and autonomously.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Awareness of and ability to work in accordance with policies and procedures.
Good problem solving skills.
Committed towards undertaking duties efficiently with attention to detail and in a timely manner.
Professional personal presentation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
Productivity (expected range 70%-80%).
Accuracy of information, drawings and documentation prepared.
Following of instructions and timely completion of tasks issued by the Engineering Team.
Minimisation of design and documentation rework/redrafting.
How to apply
Please submit a full professional resume highlighting your experience with civil drafting or contact Martyn Du
ford – …… for further information.