Due to the continuing growth a new opportunity has become available for a Chief Finance Officer to join our Executive Management Team based in Perth, Weste
Schlam Group is an provider of specialised industrial services, mobile equipment maintenance, Heavy Manufacturing, Off site Repair and asset management solutions within the resources industry. The group consists of, The Pilbara Clean Machines, DT Hi Load Australia, Schlam Engineering and Unique Blasting and Coatings. We pride ourselves on our ethos of “can do, will do, done safely” and our ability to provide professional, innovative and value add solutions to the mineral and resources sector.
Schlam Group are currently looking for experienced Chief Financial Officer,
Based in Perth and reporting to CEO, this position is to lead the Schlam Group financial and commercial function in providing timely advice, financial information and analysis to inte
al customers to support business decision making. The incumbent will ensure the provision of essential financial services to all business divisional managers, provide advice to improve cash flow, monitor costs and profitability, decrease financial risk and ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
The role has a heavy forward looking component around cash flow management, and input into the Executive Team with financial modelling as to the future direction of a growth company.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
– Execution and management of the business accounting system to provide business departments with support and management accounting services.
– Manage a comprehensive accounting system adhering to inte
al policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including production, integrity and reporting of actuals, budgets and forecasts.
– Accountable for all stock and asset management, ensuring its accuracy and integrity upholding business requirements to support asset suitability and stock demands, including but not limited to; asset depreciation, insurance , stocked items, fixed assets etc.
– Ability to create and manage financial models and business cases to ensure that financial implications and risks are fully assessed.
– Management and continuous improvement of the financial management platform, services, systems, workflows and procedures.
– Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data
– Ensure that the administration team and end users are correctly entering data and using systems correctly
– Management, coaching and mentoring of the financial management team
– Review and presentation of monthly financial and management accounting reports to operational departments and the CEO.
– Manage the procurement and strategic buying efforts of the group.
– Perform a key role in the 10 yearly business system’s platform review, which is due.
To be effective in this role the successful applicant will possess the following skills:
– Minimum 5 years management experience in the financial/commercial function in an engineering or related resources industry.
– Extensive financial knowledge and with a proficient level of experience in all aspects of accounting for a medium size company
– Experience with Engineering, Mine Services and Manufacturing related business’s
– Experience with providing centralised accounting services to a group of companies with geographical spread.
– Experience with inte
ational trade and foreign currency
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Proven ability to build relationships across the group and with key exte
– Lead and manage a team of people in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
Schlam Engineering are an equal opportunity employer, supporting diversity in our workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.