Edmen are seeking Forensic Disability Support Workers. The role will see you on the front-line providing daily support to adults with intellectual disabilities.
In this challenging environment, staff will be required to interact with people displaying extreme complex challenging behaviours. You will be confident working with Behaviour Support Plans and be able to respond to behaviours in a calm and considered manner.
The successful candidates will be required to work over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts when required.
What we are looking for
– A team player with a minimum of 12 months PAID demonstrated experience
– You will need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
– Be willing to work shift work including emergency/on call shifts
What you need to succeed in this role
– Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
– A current Australian Drivers Licence
– Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or be willing to obtain these
– Experience working with extreme complex behaviours within a high support facility
– Experience with or an understanding of supporting people in a forensic setting
– Experience or an understanding of supporting someone with a positive behaviour support plan and restrictive practices
– Experience or an understanding of supporting people with a dual diagnosis
– Demonstrated experience with assisting with medications
– Experience with personal care, hoists & manual handling desirable but not essential
Applicants with experience working with Prader Willi syndrome will be highly regarded.
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your inte
et browser to access it.
If you are experienced in working with complex challenging behaviours and have exposure to the implementation and use of behaviour support plans this may be the opportunity you are looking for.
On application for this role you acknowledge and approve to be contacted between the hours of …… Monday to Friday by one of our valued team members.
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button here.
For any further inquiries, please visit our website http://www.edmen.com.au or please email us at [Apply online]