Aurora Energy is a Tasmanian-owned and operated energy retailer that is passionate about making a difference for its customers and the Tasmanian community by delivering practical energy choices and offering customers greater control over their energy use.
To complement the current teams, Aurora Energy has a number of excellent opportunities for outstanding Customer Service Advisors to join the contact centre to gain valuable experience in a fun and supportive environment.
As one of our highly valued Customer Service Advisors, you will be responsible for assisting our customers with a variety of calls and enquiries in a fast paced work environment. These ongoing opportunities may be offered on a variety of terms and hours (full time, part time, flexible) working during a span of hours from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
With comprehensive in-house training and a great working environment, what are you waiting for?!
To be considered for these positions you will have the following skills and experience:
– A passion for excellent customer service ideally within a call centre environment
– Can-do and supportive attitude with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
– Strong computer skills with the ability to accurately input data into information systems
– Highly effective communications skills with the ability to resolve customer queries and complaints in a professional and timely manner
– Empathy to customer needs with the ability to work under pressure
– Ability to build rapport within both your own team and throughout the organisation
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will need to complete an online survey which will be sent via email after the application has been received.
Key dates for applicants
Applications must be received by Tuesday August 15th 2017.
Candidates must complete the online additional information survey within 48 hours of receipt from Randstad.
Pre-assessment telephone interviews will commence on Wednesday August 9th 2017.
Assessment Centres will be held on Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd August 2017. To be considered for these roles you must be available to attend a 4 hour centre on one of these dates.
Successful candidates must be able to commence employment on 4th September 2017, subject to a satisfactory National Criminal History Check.