The purpose of the position is to delivers high-level professional engineering services, providing authoritative advice to the Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS) Director and Service Managers on matters relating to the equipment standards, repairs, maintenance, purchase and disposal of MASS equipment. Duties are of a complex and varied nature performed independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The Engineer is expected to provide clinical, product and protocol/process expertise predominantly in the area of Equipment Services for MASS statewide services.
Key Accountabilities include:
– Deliver high level professional rehabilitation engineering services within MASS, providing specialist advice to internal and external stakeholders.
– Apply specialist engineering knowledge and principles of evidence based practice in providing professional judgement to varied and complex problems related to the assessment, prescription, customisation, procurement and life-cycle management of medical aids/equipment.
– Facilitate the reallocation, general modification and adjustment of MASS stock equipment, supporting the MASS strategic function of prompt and cost effective service delivery to MASS client base.
– Provide direction and advice on the impact of engineering factors on client outcomes to health practitioners over a range of disciplines statewide, including the provision and facilitation of education, research and undertaking projects in accordance with MASS goals.
– Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within the clinical service area and actively participate in initiating, developing, implementing and leading as required quality and service improvement activities related to rehabilitation engineering tasks that enhance the delivery of services by MASS.
Communication / Team Participation
– Work collaboratively and efficiently as part of the professional advisory team to develop policy, education and strategic planning advice for MASS.
– Collaborate with other MASS staff as appropriate, to investigate and address issues with new and existing equipment and provide advice on circumstances affecting equipment function, suitability, safety, risk, engineering issues and other relevant matters as they arise.
– Provide input to MASS policy and processes including quality activities, reports, audits, and the establishment of key partnerships and networks both State and nation wide, including representation on various committees and working parties.
– Provide professional engineering leadership in the development of professional standards, practices, procedures and protocols in relation to engineering aspects of medical aids that support the continuum of care engaging cross-discipline referencing where relevant.
– Provide engineering advice to MASS Service Managers, Director and other stakeholders regarding professional standards, service delivery and clinical service development and improvement.
– Ensure patients and other staff are treated fairly and with mutual respect and understanding, regardless of cultural, religious, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds.
– Lead and manage staff by fostering and committing to patient safety and quality in the delivery of health care by maintaining and evaluating safety and quality practices and initiatives.
Qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
– Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association within Australia. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
– The successful applicant must hold a tertiary level engineering qualification, or equivalent, that is acceptable for membership with Engineers Australia.
– This position requires the incumbent to operate a C class motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. They will display initiative, attention to detail, and have the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised whilst contributing to the wider team’s objectives of ensuring service delivery exceeds expectations.
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience as part of your application.
For a confidential discussion of this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Matthew Stanton on …… or email [Apply online]